All Final Fantasy products are registered trademarks or trademarks of Square Enix.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Just download and finished the Dragon Age 2 Demo....

Well, I took the liberty of downloading the Dragon Age 2 demo from the bioware website for my Windows 7 PC and had trouble launching the game. I got an error related to DirectX and had to go to microsoft's website to re-download it (even though everything seemed up to date, I read this on one of the bioware social forums that stated this was a fix and it did indeed fix the problem). The error was something like d3dx11_42_x64 but the re-download fixed that.

Also my PC froze on the 'Start Menu' screen. At first I thought it had something to do with DA2 servers because at the bottom of the screen it was stating it was connecting to the servers and the DA2 demo was not responding. However, I went to the bioware Dragon Age forums and found that I needed to remove any flash drives and other removable storage because it is a known issue with the demo.




After that, I started playing with no problems. The graphics is nice, the combat is fun and storyline is pretty decent. I think I'll be at Gamestop tomorrow night to pick it up (I reserved it) during the 'midnight release.' This game looks worth it from judging the demo I played.

No comments:

Post a Comment